We made it!!! Thanks a million for everyone's support! If you would still like to join us in support of young adults with cancer and First Descents, please visit my page to make a donation. http://teamfd.firstdescents.org/2010/fd/hughes/

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Theme Song

Why do we get songs stuck in our heads? And where do they come from?

I can honestly say that I haven't heard music in about a week. So, where the song that got stuck in my head today came from, I have no idea except that it fit the situation perfectly!

Today's ride began with 30 miles of flat terrain with a dreadful headwind, followed by a 26 mile climb to Wauconda Pass, and a descent to camp. Temperatures were in the high 90s without shade or a cloud in sight. It was soo hot. I was totally dehydrated by the end of the day, but calculated that I had consumed more than 3 gallons of fluid during the ride. Crazy!

Today's theme song began as just another song that got stuck in my head, another mantra with a good pedaling beat. But given the weather and the terrain, it quickly turned into the theme song for the day. Brought to you by Rodney Adkins...
"If you're going through hell
Keep on going, don't slow down
If you're scared, don't show it
You might get out
Before the devil even knows you're there."

Hoping for a more positive theme song tomorrow!

Today's random challenge: Trying to cross a metal cattle grate with a road bike and road bike shoes. Bahahaha! Way harder than it seems.


Looking down the road I just climbed

Today's terrain...looks like I might have some shade from the trees in the distance.

Wauconda Pass

Cattle grate. Bahahaha!



No comments:

Post a Comment