We made it!!! Thanks a million for everyone's support! If you would still like to join us in support of young adults with cancer and First Descents, please visit my page to make a donation. http://teamfd.firstdescents.org/2010/fd/hughes/

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Seattle Send-off Weekend

DR Reunion Weekend!

I couldn't have asked for a better send-off for this adventure. I spent the past weekend in Seattle with 3 of my fellow "casi dominicanas." Shawn, Amanda, Corrie, and I spent a few weeks last April volunteering together as physical therapy professionals in the Dominican Republic for Creighton's PT Institute of Latin American Concern (ILAC) program. It's amazing the depth of friendships that can develop in such a short period of time in a challenging environment like the third world of the DR. The send-off weekend included eating and drinking, more eating and drinking, a Flobots (hey, Colorado!) and Michael Franti and Spearheads concert in the rain, and Blue Angels airshow. Mom spent the weekend with Dan and Amanda (my sister's best freiend) and I joined them for a lovely Sunday brunch together. After another round of goodbyes, hugs, and tears, we are off again. This time to Anacortes, WA, the launch site for this journey. On Monday morning, we enjoyed a send-off breakfast with Brendan, my second cousin. Food, friends, and family--send-off weekend has been brought to you by the letter "f." Thanks so much to everyone for such an amazing weekend!




























No comments:

Post a Comment