We made it!!! Thanks a million for everyone's support! If you would still like to join us in support of young adults with cancer and First Descents, please visit my page to make a donation. http://teamfd.firstdescents.org/2010/fd/hughes/

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Vermont

Two comments about Vermont...

Home of Vermont White Cheddar Cheese and Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream...mmm...this state can be very proud of its dairy farmers.

Home by preference of poet Robert Frost. Way back in the days of 5th grade, I chose Robert Frost as the subject for my 5th Grade English Fair project. Well, today, I am in his home by preference state, passing through his hometown, and chosing between two roads in a yellow wood. How ironical! Still recited mostly from memory...with a check for clarification.

The Road Not Taken
By: Robert Frost

Two road diverged in a yellow wood
And sorry I could not travel both
But be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth.

Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same.

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way
I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment