We made it!!! Thanks a million for everyone's support! If you would still like to join us in support of young adults with cancer and First Descents, please visit my page to make a donation. http://teamfd.firstdescents.org/2010/fd/hughes/

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Appalachian Mountains

Thanks to every cyclist familiar with this route for warning me that New Hampshire contained some of the steepest climbs of the entire journey. GREAT...because I am still not a climber. Was biking across the plains and "rolling" hills supposed to somehow prepare me to spend miles upon miles climbing a MOUNTAIN? Well thanks to everyone for putting the fear in me and thanks to the past 2 months of training, becuase I just DOMINATED the last climb in the Appalachian Mountians. BAM! Adirondacks of New York...check. Green Mountains of Vermont...check. White Mountains of New Hampshireof ...check, check, check. It's all downhill from here, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment