We made it!!! Thanks a million for everyone's support! If you would still like to join us in support of young adults with cancer and First Descents, please visit my page to make a donation. http://teamfd.firstdescents.org/2010/fd/hughes/

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Last State!!!

We are officially in Maine! maine, MAINE! For anybody that completely failed US geography, Maine is a coastal state and the LAST STATE before the sweet sight of the Atlantic Ocean. I was hoping Maine would feel like a giant victory lap, but there is still over 200 miles of work to be completed. And the backroads of Maine are STEEP, Jiminy Cricket!

I honestly don't even know how to prepare for the end...will I laugh, will I cry, will I jump up and down with excitement? At this point, I am excited to complete this enormous personal challenge and excited for what the future holds. I am immensely grateful for the opportunity to embark upon the venture and all the life lessons learned along the way. It has been one crazy adventure after the next--the good with the bad, the ups with the downs, the laughter alongside the tears. Here's to the last state in this solo, supported cross-country bike ride! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment